Lost An Item in Our Vehicles?
Please make sure to bring all of your belongings with you when departing the bus. All buses are inspected for lost items, and found items are turned in to University Police in the basement of the Couper Administration Building. We endeavor to forward all lost and found items to UPD as soon as possible, but there are situations where we will have them over the weekend, holiday, etc. Please remember that OCCT is not responsible for items left on our buses.
If you lost your wallet, purse or other personal information, and you are concerned about identity theft, the Federal Trade Commission has this advice:
- File a report with the police immediately and keep a copy. This will show credit companies proof that you made a diligent effort to protect yourself, and is an important first step in an investigation.
Area police departments in Broome County.
- Contact your bank and cancel any bank cards (debit and/or ATM) cards immediately.
- Contact the credit card companies. You can find most major credit card contact information on the web. Cancel any retail store credit cards.
- Place a fraud alert on your name and social security number. Call the three national credit-reporting organizations and the Social Security Administration immediately. The numbers are:
Trans Union: 1.800.680.7289
Social Security Administration (fraud line): 1.800.269.0271
- Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles if you have a driver's license or a non-driver photo I.D. You may need to appear in person at the local DMV. In Broome County, there are five offices for your convenience.
- If you lost your keys, contact your landlord and/or change the locks to your home.