Charter request forms are available in our office or can be downloaded here. No charter will be accepted without this form on file.
Charters requested less than two weeks in advance will NOT be considered.
- If you have any questions about our charter service please contact the PR Coordinator at 607-777-6916 or PR@occtransport.org.
Charter contracts must be filled out in conjunction with the PR Coordinator.
- Please read the following carefully. OCCT provides charter service to organizations or groups affiliated with the University
- OCCT buses can travel in New York State within a 100 mile radius from the university, exceptions by approval
- OCCT cannot cross state lines or travel into New York City
- Charter service is available on a first-come, first served basis and is available only when it does not interfere with regular service
- OCCT reserves the right to refuse service to any group based on prior experiences
- OCCT cannot transport pre-school, primary school or secondary school students to or from school or school activities
- All Charters must be arranged, in person, with the PR Coordinator at least 2 weeks or 10 full business days in advance.
For Student Association Funded Groups, Non-SA Funded BU Organizations and Binghamton University departments:
- No deposit is necessary. We will send you a bill for your records and will automatically deduct the balance from your SA account once the charter is over.
- A copy of the directions for the charter destination must be presented at time of reservation.
For Non BU Organizations:
- A 50% deposit of the estimated cost of the charter will be required at least five (5) business days before the charter date. No exceptions.
- All charter groups will be provided a charter cost estimate and itinerary and will be required to sign off on both at least five (5) business days before the charter date. Failure to do so will result in the automatic cancellation of the charter. No exceptions.
Cancellations and Charges:
|Up to four days before charter date||$0.00|
|One to four business days before charter date||$40.00 per bus|
|Twenty-four to three hours before charter start time||$75.00 per bus|
|Three hours or less before charter start time||Full estimaed cost of charter|
- Changes in departure or arrival time or place must be cleared with the PR Coordinator at least two (2) business days in advance and must be requested in person by the individual who originally filled out the contract. A charter that runs over the contracted time may be canceled or delayed to accommodate other previous arrangements.
- In the event of our canceling the charter due to a breakdown, bad weather, or any other reason, we will try to give you prior notice; however, this is not always possible. Your full deposit will be refunded in this case.
- Charter service is an auxiliary service of our regularly scheduled runs and is in no way guaranteed. We do not assume any responsibility for any costs accrued by the chartering group due to cancellations or breakdowns of our buses.
- The driver of the charter will wait no longer than 20 minutes after the scheduled start time of the trip before leaving for the destination. If there are no passengers at the end of this 20 minute time-frame, the trip will be considered canceled, and the group will be charged the full amount in the charter cost estimate or $75.00 per bus, whichever amount is greater.
For SA funded Groups:
- $85.00 per hour per bus
- $95.00 per hour per bus after midnight
For Non-SA funded groups, Binghamton University affiliated:
- $95.00 per hour per bus
- $105.00 per hour per bus after midnight
For Non-SA funded groups, NOT Binghamton University affiliated:
- $105.00 per hour per bus
- $115.00 per hour per bus after midnight
- 50% deposit required
- A $30.00 handling fee is required for each charter contract. Charters spanning multiple days may be charged an additional handling fee.
- A minimum of three (3) hours per bus is required. If there is any excessive trash or vomit left on the charter bus, the group will be billed an additional $45 clean-up fee. All rates are subject to change.
- A mandatory charge of .50 hours for the NYS Mandated pre-safety inspection and a 0.5 hours NYS Mandated post-safety inspection will be charged in addition to the trip length.
- The hourly rate is the same for driving time and layover time (that time the driver spends waiting for the group). You will billed for the entire driver's time contracted on this charter contract (even if you return early), plus any additional time accrued (if you return later than specified).
- Tolls from driving on the New York State Thruway (toll can be calculated at http://www.nysthruway.gov; our buses are class 2H vehicles).
- Your groups will receive an invoice shortly after the charter. Payment is due thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice.
- All payments are to be made payable to OCC Transport. Please include charter invoice number on all checks and money orders. There is a $30.00 service charge for all checks returned for any reason.
- Any past due accounts (payments not received within 30 days of invoice date) will incur a finance charge of 1.33% of the invoice amount, compounded monthly.
- No additional charters may be contracted by a group that has a past balance due until full payment has been received.
- For trips of ten (10) miles or less in length, full bus capacity (sixty passengers) is allowed. For trips longer than 10 miles, the maximum capacity will be the adult seating capacity of the bus.
- All equipment or baggage must be stored underneath or between the seats and out of the aisles, making sure not to block any emergency exits. This may affect the maximum capacity of the bus.
- Each group is responsible for its passengers. Pleases make sure that the bus is clean at the end of the trip or the group may be charged the clean up fee. The chartering group will be expected to pay for the repair of any damages to the bus caused by the group. All persons on an OCC Transport bus are subject to the rules set forth in the Binghamton University Code of Conduct.
- Directions must be provided by the chartering organization when submitting a completed contract and deposit.
- We do not charter buses to private residences. Buses that run between the hours of 2:00am and 7:00am will only be chartered under special circumstances, at the discretion of the PR Coordinator, and are subject to the post-midnight hourly rate.
- Any reservations made after the arrangement deadline will result in a $20 late fee per bus.
- If the charter is being performed gratis, the hourly rate will be reduced by $10.00 per hour.
The following are prohibited at all times on an OCCT bus:
- Possession of an open alcohol container
- Illegal drugs
- Combustible fluids or other hazardous materials
- Loud or rowdy behavior
- Any other item that may endanger the safe operations of the vehicle.
- The driver has full discretion to remove the items or disruptive passengers from the bus, or cancel the charter should the situation warrant.
- Any verbal or physical harassment made toward an OCCT bus driver will result in the filing of a formal complaint regarding that individual to the University Police Department by the driver and the OCCT.
- If the bus is defaced or vandalized in any way, the chartering organization will be held responsible.
- The driver retains the right to cancel the charter any time he feels the group is acting in a manner that misrepresents the campus community, or endangers the safety of the bus or other passengers.
- OCC Transport, Inc. its drivers and employees shall not be held responsible for any personal property that is damaged or lost during the charter.
All regulations, rates and policies are subject to change. A current copy of the Charter Contract will be given by the PR Coordinator upon request.
Contact the PR Coordinator ( email@example.com) or the Director of OCCT (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.