Riding with OCCT
Please read the following helpful information on OCCT guidelines and regulations:
- Plan ahead. Refer to our schedule on our website: www.occtransport.org
- If you find the bus you are trying to take is consistently full, there are alternative options.
- Murray street is serviced by the Westside Shuttle, Leroy Southside and UDC - Riverside. Refer to the schedule for stop locations and times.
- Front street is serviced by the Westside Shuttle, Leroy Southside and UDC- Riverside.
- There are 5 buses that service the UDC center every hour.
- Consider taking an earlier bus.
- Consider using BC transit as an alternative option.
- Go to www.ridebctransit.com for more information.
Catching our Buses
- Know when your bus is scheduled to arrive and be at the stop 5-10 minutes beforehand.
- When the bus is approaching, wave or flag it down so the driver knows you are waiting to board.
- Wait for the bus on the sidewalk, NOT on the street.
- ALWAYS enter through the front door, NEVER the back door unless instructed to do so by the driver.
- Allow passengers to finish exiting the bus before you board.
- Have your BU ID out and ready to scan prior to boarding the bus.
- Move to the rear of the bus when you are standing.
When Riding the Bus
- Respect our buses as you would Binghamton University property.
- Keep noise to a tolerable level, as per the driver’s discretion. This includes talking and loud music.
- We have a garbage at the front of the bus, please use it.
- There is no standing after 12 AM on Friday and Saturday nights. This is for passenger safety.
Leaving the Bus
- Call next stop clearly and loudly.
- Call your stop early enough for the driver to be able to stop.
- Do not stand in the stairwell or in front of the white line.
- NEVER CROSS IN FRONT OF THE BUS.
- If you don’t know where your stop is, ask the driver. We are there to help.
- Check your seat when you stand up to leave for items you may have left.
- We do not handle lost items. Our lost and found goes directly to UPD.
- If you lose your ID, you can input your B-number into the scanner.
Riding Late Night
- Late night buses are often late due to vomit incidents and vandalism.
- If you feel sick, tell the driver or monitor. A garbage can will be provided.
- Don’t crowd the doors. They have broken before.
- Keep a safe distance away from the bus at the union so they have a clear path to leave.
- Failure to follow regulations will result in expulsion from the bus.
- Follow us on twitter for service updates and alerts
- Text “Follow @OCCT” to 40404 to subscribe.
- Plan ahead.
- Our schedules are different on the weekends. Pay attention to which schedule you are reading.
- In the event that the University sends out a RAVE alert warning for severe weather, the emergency procedure is as follows:
- Buses that are on University Property (i.e. Union, UDC, ITC) will freeze and unload passengers. Turn off the bus and seek shelter.
- Buses that are en route will proceed as usual until they reach University Property at which point they will freeze and unload passengers.
- Should conditions become so bad that a bus cannot continue until it reaches University Property it will pull over in a safe place and unload passengers to the nearest public building.